Universal Word Youth Poetry Competition is proud to partner with Envision Financial’s Full Cupboard program and The Surrey Food Bank for the upcoming November 7th competition. We want to challenge you to learn about this relevant topic (read on!) and to write a poem responding to the statement:
“Hunger and how it affects my community. What can I do to help, or what is my role in this issue.”
1. All entries must be typed and titled and include your name, address, age, grade, school of participation or organization.
2. All poems WILL BE DISPLAYED ON OUR SITE OR IN OUR ADVERTISING TO CONTINUE TO PROMOTE THE EVENT.
3. Poems do not have to rhyme; there is no swearing, or explicit sexual content.
4. You can enter up to 3 submissions. (They must be submitted together in 1 email)
5. Approximately 30 finalists will be invited to the live event and will be chosen by a panel of judges at our discretion.
6. You will have 4 minutes maximum to read, and if you can’t make it we will try to have someone else read it for you, or you can appoint someone.
7. There will be 3 prizes awarded per category. (1st, 2nd and 3rd)
Categories for submissions are
- Age 9 to 12
- Age 13 to 16
- Age 17 to 25
Submit your poem and find more information about the contest on the Universal Word website.